Emergency counseling is available Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, during the academic year.
This is a brief visit -- it's like going to the emergency room. We meet with you as soon as we can on the day that you come in. Emergency counseling hours are reserved for students who are currently (or within the past 7 days) experiencing any of the following situations:
Susan T. Pulido, Victim's Advocate, can be reached at 707-664-2698 or via email at email@example.com.
The Victim Advocate provides confidential advocacy support, victim outreach, coordination of support services, problem-solving, and assistance with decision-making to SSU students who are impacted or victimized by traumatic, disruptive or disturbing life events i.e., sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking, biased related incidents, abusive relationships, hate crimes, etc. The Advocate supports SSU students through the process of physical, emotional, and financial recovery. This includes:
- An opportunity for students to talk about what happened in a confidential setting;
- Providing information to help students decide on a course of action;
- Help locating resources on and off campus for a variety of needs including counseling, health services, legal assistance, restitution and housing;
- Assist students in developing individualized safety planning for school, home, and work;
- Assist in making arrangements with professors regarding missed classes, late assignments, or other course requirements; and
- Coordinate with on campus departments including University Police, Student Conduct, Residential Life, Housing, Admissions and Records, Health Center, SSU Title IX, etc., to make necessary arrangements and take appropriate actions while advocating on the students behalf. The Advocate strives to promote the restoration of decision making and control to survivors by advocating for their rights and honoring their experiences and through education and collaboration, fostering a safe university community that respects the rights and dignity of all.