Instructions for completing the Graduation Application

NOTE: These instructions apply to all students applying for graduation starting September 1st, 2011 and who do not have a second major or a minor. (See your advisor or the Deptartment Chair if you have already applied for graduation prior to September 1, 2011 OR if you have a minor or a second major.)

  1. Fill out the Graduation Application form. (You need to print it out or pick up a copy in the Kinesiology Office, PE 14.): List any courses that are in-progress, incomplete courses you are finishing, and courses you will take in the future to meet degree, GE, and major/minor requirements. Do not list courses already completed. You must list the above courses in this order: (1): GE courses, (2): Kin Support Courses, (3): Kin Core Courses, and (4): Kin Concentration Courses (in the order listed on the advising sheet):.
  2. Bring the completed form to your advisor. She/he will review your online degree progress form and the graduation application for accuracy and completeness. She/he will have you make any corrections and then sign it and send it to the chair for review.
  3. If you are taking a class at another institution or substituting another SSU course for a required major class, then you will need to fill out a Major Course Substitution form and have it approved and signed by your advisor and the department chair.
  4. Once the chair has reviewed and approved your graduation application, Gina, the Administrative Coordinator, will then take the form to Admissions and Records for processing.
  5. We advise you to check your online Degree Progress report frequently to make sure it is accurate.
  6. If there are errors or changes in GE classes on your Degree Progress report, you need to contact Admissions and Records.

If your graduation date changes, you will still need to fill out a "Graduation Changes" form to update it. Contact Admissions and Records directly if you have any questions about changes relating to graduation.