All Emergencies: 9-1-1

Dial 9-1-1 from any campus phone to connect directly to the campus police. Call 9-1-1 or (707) 664-4444 for emergencies placed using cell phones.

Injury and Illness

Employee job related injuries or illness are to be reported immediately to supervisors and the Workers’ Compensation Coordinator in Human Resources at (707) 664-2664.

Risk Management is a department within Risk Management & Safety Services at Sonoma State University. The Risk Management program assists university personnel through policies and practices designed to minimize the adverse effects of losses experienced by Sonoma State University, its employees, volunteers, students, and visitors.

These losses arise from injury to persons or damage to property and include the legal liability imposed upon Sonoma State University when the injury or damage has been caused, in whole or in part, by Sonoma State University or its employees.

Accident Notification

Employees involved in an accident (vehicle and non vehicle) while engaged in university business should notify Risk Management as soon as possible (within 24 hours) utilizing forms accessible on this website.


Information about filing a claim against Sonoma State University
A claim against the Sonoma State University, must be filed with the Office of Risk Management & Public Safety at the address below within six (6) months after which the incident or event occurred along with a $25 claim filing fee made out to "Trustees of CSU". Completed claims must be delivered or mailed to:

The California State University - Office of the Chancellor
Risk Management and Public Safety
401 Golden Shore, 5th Floor
Long Beach, CA 90802-4210

Visit the CSU Risk Management and Public Safety web site for further information or to obtain a claim form.

Loss or Damage to Personal Property

There are many instances when employees bring personal property to campus for personal use. This property may include, but is not limited to, art, office furnishings, books, plants and photographs. Personal property brought to campus is the sole responsibility of the owner. The repair, replacement or reimbursement of personal property is not considered the responsibility of the University. However, an employee has the right to file a claim against the State of California for loss or damage to personal property against the State of California through the CSU Claims Process.