Meet Julia Mallon Delves '18, Sonoma MBA for Professionals

Entreprenuer. Educator. Avid Climber.
dark_drinking_chocolate.jpg

Sonoma MBA student, Julia Mallon Delves, leveraged her Entrepreneurship class to launch Dark Drinking Chocolate with Grass Fed Collagen (DDC), a new addition to her Trailside Kitchen product line. Dark Drinking Chocolate with Grass Fed Collagen is a game changer for active outdoor enthusiasts and people on-the-go. Coffee drinkers who drink on an empty stomach can also benefit from this product.

"I wanted better options for taking food outside that were similar to what I could eat at home," Julia said.

DDC is organic, locally-sourced, and home-made. It is also dairy and soy free, and paleo friendly. DDC provides a healthy dose of collagen, a protein that helps restore stomach lining and coats the digestive tract to improve digestion. 

Collagen is present in connective tissue and essential for supporting healthy joints, hair, nail, and skin. It also helps decrease inflammation from workouts and food allergies.

julia_delves.jpg

"[Launching this product] was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. My teammates were a huge help with the market research," Julia Mallon Delves said. "I feel incredibly humbled to have sold through my inventory of 270 packets in the first week of July."

"The Sonoma MBA course in entrepreneurship taught me the framework of how to think and communicate with customers in a way that resonates with them. Also, being open and flexible to pivoting." 

This was not the only time Julia has pivoted in her career. 

"My husband and I were moving to Santa Rosa, so I decided to transfer from a private California college to Sonoma State University. I liked its culture and experiential learning-based curriculum, which allows you to get out there and do it," Julia said. "The administration is always evaluating and improving their curriculum and programs to serve their students well. I admire that."

Julia recently landed a job as Marketing Manager for Tara Firma Farms, a 260-acre farm that offers home-delivered CSA (community supported agriculture) pasture raised meat, poultry, pork, and eggs as well as honey, bone broth, and produce. 

Julia is also a trained Natural Chef from Bauman College, a holistic nutrition and culinary arts college headquartered in Penngrove, where she now teaches and serves as a board member. She is also a contributor on www.climbing.com and has been featured on www.trainingbeta.com. "My father always said, 'If you do what you love you'll never work a day in your life,'" Julia said. 

For more information or to purchase Dark Drinking Chocolate with Collagen and other Trailside Kitchen products, visit www.trailsidekitchen.com.   

For more information about our advanced degree programs, please visit www.sonoma.edu/mba or call 707-664-3501. 

Contact SBE
Contact SSU
Sonoma State University School of Business and Economics. Reach.
1801 East Cotati Avenue, Rohnert Park, CA, 94928 • 707-664-2377