DROP IN COUNSELING:
We reserve drop-in hours specifically for emergencies like the below situations. You do not need an appointment to attend drop- in.
What is drop-in Counseling at CAPS?
This is a brief visit like going to the emergency room. We meet with you as soon as we can on the day you come in and reserve this time for crisis situations.
When to utilize Drop-In?
Come to drop-in if you are experiencing any of the following now or in the past 7 days:
- Suicidal thoughts or intent
- Thoughts of harming another person
- Recent death of a loved one
- Recently physically and/or sexually assaulted or abused, a victim of a hate crime, or experienced significant trauma
- Seeing or hearing things that do not exist or that others do not see or hear
- Cannot eat, sleep, or leave your home due to uncontrollable depression or anxiety
- Significantly impacted by current sociopolitical climate
- Experiencing crisis related to basic needs (e.g. homelessness, hunger, financial crisis)
When is Drop-in Counseling at CAPS?
Crisis Drop-In Hours
Monday-Friday 10:00am -4:00 pm
Please come by as soon as possible to be seen that day, if you are experiencing a crisis.