Direct Deposit FAQ

Expand/collapse all

All employees in permanent, probationary, annual renewable or hourly positions are eligible to participate in direct deposit.

The employee must submit a complete Direct Deposit Enrollment Authorization form to the Payroll and Benefits Department, located on the second floor of Salazar.

Once your form is received by the Payroll and Benefits Department, direct deposit usually begins approximately 30 to 60 days later.

Direct Deposit means that your funds are deposited to your bank account as soon as the funds are released from the State Controller’s Office.  For hourly employees please see the Student Employee, Intermittent/Hourly, & Special Consultant Payroll Calendar.  Direct Deposit posting dates for Salaried employees are available on the State Controller's Website for Direct Deposit posting dates.

While most financial institutions post funds to accounts at the beginning of the bank business day, this is not a universal practice.  Some institutions post funds in the afternoon instead of the morning.  It is strongly recommended that you check with your financial institution to determine when your funds will be available.

The direct deposit advice slips are made available to all employees on their pay date.  If the advice is not picked up within 45 days, the unclaimed direct deposit advice is destroyed as employees may view they paycheck history via self-service.

If an employee wishes to cancel direct deposit, the employee may indicate this on the Direct Deposit Enrollment Authorization form and submitting it to the Payroll and Benefits Department.  Additionally, direct deposit could be cancelled automatically when an employee goes on Industrial Disability Leave (IDL), Non-Industrial Disability Leave (NDI), and Leave Without Pay or upon separation.  If the State is legally obligated to withhold any part of an employee’s wage or salary payment for any reason, the State Controller’s Office may terminate the employee’s enrollment in the direct deposit program.  The State Controller’s Office does a system refresh twice a year in June and December.  They may cancel the direct deposit enrollment automatically if the employee has no pay issued in those months.

To re-designate your account and/or financial institution, complete and submit a new Direct Deposit Enrollment Authorization form to the Payroll and Benefits Department.  Do not close your old account until your first payment is deposited into your newly designated account and/or financial institution.

If you would like assistance or would like more information, please contact the Payroll and Benefit Office at 707-664-2793.